Monday 15 October 2012

Live Passionately

My oh my... Did you realized how short life is?

I did.

It was yesterday. The day I went to my favourite spot in Penang- Penang botanical garden. The routine was to have a walk around the park before I starts my usual dance practice. However, what I felt today, was non of the routine. It was different... in a good way thou.



As usual I walk, passed the river that cut through the garden. Sweet sound of river flowing with self-proclaimed marathoners running pass me. As usual I swift came to a junction, to the right- an easier crowded path, to the left- a steep assent with a few walkers. As always, I took the left one, for the better view.

I usually gasped a lot walking up the steep, but not this time. I was calm, my breath was steady, and I felt 'Sheldon Cooper' like- No thanks to 'The Big Bang Theory' sitcom marathon I had for the past few days. For the past few times walking, I was only in indulge of the view. But this time, I tried to smile more, and allowed whole of my body enjoy the surroundings more than usual. My breath was calm and my body was in contempt. It felt magical at times (perhaps it was Yiruma's music playing tricks on my mind).


I walked past trees and cricketing sounds. I walked past those intriguing trails I always promised myself to do and people too busy running. I walked past the laughter of children and the whisper of shy lovers. Most importantly I walked past my self-imposed sorrow today, and finally realized how silly I am. Then I reached the place where I usually dance- a small stage meant of orchestra performances. I choose it because of it flooring.

The dance practice today was a little bit more exciting. With kids suddenly popping up staring at me being the weirdo dancing in the middle of a park. While adults try not to stare even though they were just as equally interested as the kids. It does shows how children being unfazed by the fear of being shameful, and how adults had became master in hiding their true feelings. Sad but true.

Back to the dance. It struck me that I had been so focus on how I was moving, and not on how do I really feel about the music. I was never truly enjoyed the music and never completely fuse myself with the music. And how that had always hampered my progress in dancing. With this sudden realization, I begin dancing like never before. Less showing off, more indulging the music. Less thinking about what to do next, more allowing the music, my soul, and my heart, to move me. How should I say it was?

It was EPIC.

I was more open to the music, care less about the surroundings, care more on how I feel, and how happy I am, doing what I enjoy the most. And for the first time, I never felt tired, never complain about myself. For the first time. My dance was alive. :)

It was soon dark and I wanted to changed on a fresh cloth over my already sweat drenched one. While I was about to put on my shirt, then came a chubby guy. He put down his backpack, played with his phone for a whike, and out of the sudden, he played some J-Pop on a loud portable speaker, and started dancing to it! I was stunned for seconds and start moving along with his music. Man it was one of the best dance jam I had for a while.

His name is Darren and Darren was a working man in his late twenties (I presumed). Bored of jogging and after six marathon, decided to take up J-Pop dancing. He started a year ago learning through videos. With some improvisation he manage to pull himself together and performed during a few of his company events. He termed himself a 'closet' dancer which explain why he only showed up after dark. But with the way he was enjoying his dance, I bet the spotlight will soon be upon him.

To be frank, Darren could be a little bit more cleaner his moves (so do I), but his dancing spirit moves people. What strikes me was how much determined he was in his dance and how much feelings he put into it. Meeting him further reaffirmed what I realized before in my dance and that had enraged the flame within me, to do even better. Darren, where ever you may be or if I even be able to meet you. I wish you the best in doing what you love to do. Let's jam if we happen to meet again.

Feeling contemplated, I walked to my car and stumble upon an interesting couple. One being the wife standing beside their car warming down, another being the husband (in his thirties- again I presumed), believe it or not, riding a BMX bicycle! And he got the moves bro! Wheelie, static jump, 360 front wheel turn, and more awesome tricks all in front of me.

Again it was how he enjoy doing what he loves impressed me. His happiness shown all over his face and on his bike. More impressing was his wife was in all supporting! Supporting the inner kid in her husband. Ahemm, future to-be-wife take note please, that's how you treat a man. Hahaha. Whoever you are bro, RESPECT!

Then I went on having Mamak food.........

 nahh I should stop here.

.....Did I mention the FOC Tandoori chicken I had? Hehe.

 People,
What I realized was, life was not only in doing what you passionate about. But be passionate in all that you do. Bring that passion you enjoy while you do what you love, in your everyday doing (That includes breathing, sleeping, working, eating, and many more). And that might resulted in better living. Thus why not...

Live passionately.

Is time for me to practice what I preched! FIGHTING!

Live well people, Good day,
Shian.

4 comments:

  1. husband and wife in BMX...we rarely find such enthusiasts nowadays :) i see that you're pretty observant

    Latest: Best of Coffee and Bruschetta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! Is way too rare to see people still so open to their inner kid! Btw, checked you post. Am not a coffee person but those bruschetta kept me drooling!!

      Delete